FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Activating Iberia Plus account in order to transfer BA Avios
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:32 pm
rj123456

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
BAEC US member, have household account, transferring impossible??

Originally Posted by David-A
It officially requires a UK address, yes. That is because it is a mass-market shopping scheme in the UK, with primarily UK only based partners.

Keep in mind you only need the Avios.com go-between if your BAEC account is in a BA Household account grouping. If just an individual BA Exec Club account on its own then IB+ account <> BAEC account direct transfers are fine.
I just got locked out of my BAEC account for trying to transfer Avios to my IBERIA plus account, which has been open for over 90 days, and just successfully received 1,000 Amex Membership Rewards Points. BTW BA Agents are completely clueless about the need to have some activity in IB+ and kept repeating that the account registration has to be exactly the same.

After reading this, I realize that I have a Household Account at BAEC. Does this mean there is no way to transfer?

I need to book a IB (actually Iberia Express) flight with 4 seats left ...and BA wants 50 Euros more for exactly the same redemption.

BTW, my inlaws live in the UK, can I provide their address for Avios.com, or will that fail because my [US] address for BAEC won't match?