FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A great (long) story about a false positive ETD gone wrong
Old Aug 27, 13, 4:42 pm
SeriouslyLost
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
And JetBlue continue to try to defend the indefensible:

Dear SL,

Thank you for contacting JetBlue Airways regarding reports of a customer experience at JFK a few
weeks ago. Our decision to deny boarding was based on the information available at the time,
including the fact that the customer tested positive for explosive residue. We stand by that
decision.

JetBlue is committed to risk-based security protocols, as established by government agencies. We do
not profile customers based on race, gender, or other protected classes.

We sincerely hope our record of serving customers over the past 13 years is weighed appropriately in
your decision whether to fly with us again. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your
questions.

Sincerely,

Customer Commitment
JetBlue Airways
So, no name on the response, just vapid statements and waving their hands towards something that was not relevant by the time JetBlue got to him: he had been cleared by the time they talked to him.

Don't know about you lot, but I'm going to do the only thing I can as far as the airline is concerned and that's not fly on them. I've only got a couple of flights scheduled between now and the end of the year on them, but I've just asked corporate travel to move them to other airlines.

And I really wish people would stop with the "explosives residue" crap. He didn't "test positive for explosives residue". He (may have) tested positive for nitrates and/or phosphates. The machines TSA uses can't test for specific explosives, and the morons operating the machines don't even understand the difference. Of course, that doesn't fit the narrative of fear they want, but it's really annoying none the less.

Last edited by SeriouslyLost; Aug 27, 13 at 4:52 pm