FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:05 pm
stockmanjr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by flight62
You have been outspoken about your hatred of this merger and DP for a long time. I just hope and pray IF you are correct...and I think you and the DOJ will be made fools of...your trip back to the judge will not be as painful as I can PROMISE it WILL be. If you honestly think starting all over is going to be equal in cuts or better, I have a piece of land in the everglades that will perk. Your management that will guide you will throw a rescaled Chapter 11 with their attorneys and will DESTROY YOU!! It is the judges place to save a company and if the company feels they need more cuts, they WILL get it! You really think all those AB's will come your way without it being paid by labor? OR scaled back? And your few profits will mean nothing. Get ready to shrink or spend and go back to Chapter 11 within a year.

Meanwhile, US Airways will be fine. We have had greater people hating on US than you for YEARS. We are use to it and could care less. Good luck!
Why is the DOJ going to be made fools of? I'm getting tired of this kind of post that makes these comments but provide zero insight behind them. Also AA reported record July profits which would made it very hard for them to get back and get enforced concessions from the bK.
Cheers
Howie