FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best option CDG-LHR to earn miles on AF/KL
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:23 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by FB06
I need to go to London in ten days. Flying on Friday evening back on Sunday evening. I've studied my options and I just can't understand how a ticket costing around 200 euros can earn no Miles (Mini) or else you have to pay extra 40 euros for the RT. Does anyone know how I can get an AF/KL/Cityjet flight decently priced and earn miles/segments? There is the Eurostar option at similar prices and it is really tempting, especially I don't live that far from Paris Nord Station.
You can't. MiNi or city saver fares will earn you no miles do you need to pay up if you want them. Klm would but will be long and expensive on this itinerary. I'd book eurostar and write to them to explain how MiNi made you decide not to book AF.

I see more and more people not booking AF because of MiNi. My brother and his girlfriend just came to visit the family in Nice. They were going to book AF but when they saw they would have no luggage, would not be sat together anyway (he could book right away but she had to wait for holiday clearance so considering August prices they made separate reservations) and that easy jet had no hand luggage weight limit, their choice was easily made and full of disbelief. They are exactly the sort of people AF tell us MiNi would win, not lose, and so are you. I remain persuaded AF are shooting themselves in the foot.