View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 13, 10:04 am
pokee

Cancel Partner Award Online?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have some very specific questions regarding a cancellation I need to make.

I've booked two tickets online on CX with my Avios. I need to cancel my award tickets (they are for Thursday, so I am within the 24 hours required to cancel).

Can I cancel my tickets online too? Is it better if I call to cancel? From what I've read, it looks like I will be charged a fee if I call?

I also have a situation with my credit card used to make the transaction has been transferred to a new card (same account; new card). I will be expecting a refund of the taxes (~$300). I called the credit card company (RBC) and they assured me that any refunds processed on the old card should appear on the new card.

Also, how does the refund work? Will my cancellation charges ($40 x 2) and fee(s) be applied to my refund, making my refund less, or will they go through in a separate charge? If it is a separate charge, the transaction will fail because the card on file is no longer active.

I would welcome any other advice on cancelling my award tickets as this is my first time with BA.