FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:10 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by jchiguy1
I just wanted to give you another thumbs up for this hotel Uxb. I've stayed there six times in the past five years and always had a wonderful time. Facilities are outstanding and Platinum recognition has always been excellent. Rooms have conventional Westin decor but upper floor rooms and suites have great views and can have interesting shapes due to the sloping window line. I'm headed back there 3Sept and looking forward to another good stay.
Thanks. I went on the SPG website and read through a bunch of the reviews. Many of them seem to take issue with cleanliness or responsiveness. The majority of the responsiveness complaints came from NYers, so I discount these complaints by virtue of it being from NYers. The cleanliness complaints concern me because they are consistent with other SPG-owned properties in Miami. I am hoping for a hassle-free stay.

Other questions:

I'm travelling with four other people. Is lounge access limited to me and one guest, or will it be based on room type at check-in (n.b. two club rooms = access for all guests)? I'm redeeming SNAs on the non-award room, and expect to physically occupy the award room (assuming the possibility that one room is upgraded to a club level and one isn't).

Also, what's the breakfast situation? Do I have to make that my amenity? Or do we just take breakfast at the lounge? Is there an alternate amenity (local gift) at this property?

Finally, is the property completely non-smoking?