FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Aug 24, 2013, 8:08 am
ILAZXFE

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by swag
The answers above are good, but let me ask, which benefits are you concerned about? You'll already have GLD after the ANC trip (this is the now-closed fast track promo, right?). For domestic flights booked this year, GLD and PLT travel benefits are essentially the same.

PLT's are higher up on the list for upgrades, standby, and irrop resolution, but unless you want to upgrade (which will cost, you won't have any e500s yet), these probably won't matter.

PLT also gets a higher flight mileage bonus, but this should apply to your post-12K flights, whether or not you show in the system as PLT at the time you fly.

The rest is the same. Even GLD gets you premium ticket counter check in, priority security line, priority boarding (right after PLT), access to MCE and exit row seats, 2 free checked bags, free same day standby...
what is MCE? I think I'm more concerned about the bonus miles. I'll be flying another ~8000 right after I hit 12k, and 100% much better than 25%. Thank you for your precious time! I'll buy you guys drinks if you ever come to Boston!

Last edited by ILAZXFE; Aug 24, 2013 at 12:41 pm