FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Aug 24, 2013, 7:52 am
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by ILAZXFE
Thank you! I do need the exact number from AA since I'm very close on the next level up. book bos-dfw-anc-dfw-bos 9208m according to AA, and than bos-dfw-lax-bdl-lax-bos. My real question is can I get the plat benefits for my trip after bos-dfw-lax (2797+9208=12005) or it takes some time for the system to add me to plat list?
The answers above are good, but let me ask, which benefits are you concerned about? You'll already have GLD after the ANC trip (this is the now-closed fast track promo, right?). For domestic flights booked this year, GLD and PLT travel benefits are essentially the same.

PLT's are higher up on the list for upgrades, standby, and irrop resolution, but unless you want to upgrade (which will cost, you won't have any e500s yet), these probably won't matter.

PLT also gets a higher flight mileage bonus, but this should apply to your post-12K flights, whether or not you show in the system as PLT at the time you fly.

The rest is the same. Even GLD gets you premium ticket counter check in, priority security line, priority boarding (right after PLT), access to MCE and exit row seats, 2 free checked bags, free same day standby...