FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A great (long) story about a false positive ETD gone wrong
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:19 pm
exbayern

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
But the picture was hanging on his apartment wall--not on his person/in his luggage at the airport. You think the government broke into his apartment (presumably without a search warrant) and took a picture from the wall?
Well they asked him the question about parking on the left or the right, so they were apparently trying to verify the basic information he gave them. I don't know if I believe that they did go into his apartment, and perhaps he'll find the picture months later in some odd place that he himself placed it, but it is all very odd indeed. Perhaps they checked the parking question on Google maps, or perhaps they sent someone there to check from the street.
Another pair of NYPD officers walked in, and one asked me to identify some landmarks around my new apartment. One was, “When you’re facing the apartment, is the parking on the left or on the right?” I thought this was an odd question, but I answered it correctly. He whispered something in the ear of the other officer, and they both walked out.