FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Drive Alliance" -- new program?
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:38 pm
dtremit

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
"Drive Alliance" -- new program?

I noticed just now that the National, Alamo, and Enterprise logos at the bottom of nationalcar.com now appear next to a logo for the "Drive Alliance" -- clicking it leads to a page with the following text:

An industry-first partnership that provides National®, Enterprise® and Alamo® customers with access to an array of services and locations to meet all their car rental needs.

It's easy to access any of the more than 8,200 Drive Alliance partner locations. Just book directly as usual here at nationalcar.com. And if you're an Emerald Club member, you'll earn toward free rental days and elite status with each qualifying rental.
Notably, there's now also a drivealliance.com listing the three brands; for Alamo it notes "Watch for exciting news about Alamo’s participation in upcoming loyalty initiatives within the Drive Alliance Network."

Has anyone heard anything about this initiative? I'm wondering if it will lead to EC credits being granted for Alamo rentals -- which would be a useful innovation. The pessimist in me thinks it's more likely to lead to National branding disappearing at less business-oriented airports, but I'm hoping that's not the case.