FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best use of 100,000 Aerplan points
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:20 pm
yerffej201

Originally Posted by YYCguy
Hello! I would imagine that 100,000 Aeroplan points is a pittance in comparison to what most you can earn/spend but I would like to use these up in 2014 and would very much appreciate your advice.

When searching for flights from Canada to various destinations that I can go to with only that many points, and wishing to fly somewhere in Business or First class (since I've never done that in my adult life), I am finding that AP bounces me all over the continent/globe to get me to my final destination, and the only flight in Biz/First is the shortest flight!

So I'm thinking that a flight isn't probably the best use of my miles. So then I'm thinking about using them for a Fairmont hotel stay (2 or 3 nights max it seems at a Category A or B property). Doesn't seem like the best use of the miles either.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I would like to use them for a trip, but if it doesn't seem worthwhile, do you have any other ideas? Thanks Folks, for your advice!
DO NOT USE THEM FOR A FAIRMONT PROPERTY. JUST DON'T!

I'd say mini-rtw if you can accumulate more miles or j to europe is your best bet.
Or if you can position, Hawaii to South America for 80k!
http://boardingarea.com/canadiankilo...t-sweet-spots/