FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ChoiceHotels BRG is a scam
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:15 pm
FlyingHigh20

Originally Posted by groundhog
Do you think BBB claim may work?
You may PM me.
Nope - not unless you want Choice to pull the whole program together due to annoyances by people like you. Penny wise, pound foolish. It's best to leave this one alone and move on with your life.

People - this complaining about Choice's BRG being a scam is getting tiresome. Nobody's forcing you to book with Choice nor is a free night the standard. You're only concern should be getting the lower price, which you can easily do by booking on the other site and cancelling your reservation booked on choice's site (since chances are, your original night was booked as a refundable flex fare).

I've done about 15 claims at Choice for free nights, 12 of which were approved...the other 3 were a case of the rate was no longer available. I highly doubt they asked the competing site to pull the rate, and if they did, no biggie. I just booked elsewhere.

If "usamovara's" story is accurate, I'll concede that it's frustrating...but I dont think the problem is with Choice as it is with their inept employees, which I've dealt with from time to time at all hotel chains who have BRG's (Carlson's being the worst).