FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Potential Shenanigans to honor a MM flyer
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:03 pm
Renes Points
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by avflyer
First off, this is a great story about a level of customer service we all think is long gone at Delta. I don't know if you find this over at AA or UA but honestly, it reminds me of the good old Delta and its kind of nice to know that shadows of it still exist.

Yes, it required a heads-up from the OP in terms of getting someone human (not a computer) to notice he would be turning the 1MM, but once it got in the hands of a "Delta Employee", they did the OP right and for that matter, all of us too. Here we hem and haw over every devaluation but consistently report that we fly DL because of the front line staff. Well talk about taking matters into your own hands.

I am inside 90K miles from my first hard-earned 1MM and absolutely plan to let someone know about crossing that line prior to my flight in the hopes that I reach someone as customer centric as this OP did.

Again, congratulations to the OP not just for reaching 1MM, but for doing so in style and congratulations for all those involved for making it happen. My one hope is that one of the DL forum monitors picks up on this thread and finds a way to get corporate to make something like this policy. It would be a smart move.
+1!

This is the first one of these I have published. There have been more where I have reached out to Delta as a reader told me what was on the way. They never ask but I make sure Delta knows about it!