FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Potential Shenanigans to honor a MM flyer
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:31 am
localady

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
And If you get mad about missing an ATL-TPA UG I feel zero sympathy for you. I'm sure you can handle the little hop in your free EC seat
Don't feel sorry, you are missing the point... I know people who do nothing but TPA - ATL flghts and then catch TATL/TPAC flights and/or TPA - ATL flights then barbie jets and don't see any upgrades... A friend (DM) did TPA - ATL - BAL RT last week and got upgraded on one leg out of four Pretty much the story for PM and often DM in TPA...

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Only one upgrade per year? Something is very wrong if a PM is only getting upgraded once a year. I've only missed six upgrades (out of 48 flights) this entire year. I'll hit PM next month but I'm not sure I want it if my upgrade % goes out the window.
Oops... Two upgrades so far this year and they were both on the (occasional) ATL-JFK legs of a TATL flight back in March.... I haven't gotten any on the TPA - ATL flights. I have done about 25 or so TPA - ATL this year. I flew next to a DM last Thursday and she said that she gets about 20 - 25 percent on the ATL - TPA legs. She does that route weekly...

Please don't feel that I am against someone getting an upgrade when they hit MM, but just think that it should be part of a published benefit that everybody gets....