FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will Etihad start to refurbish their fleet? (seats)
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:42 am
Hanin

When will Etihad start to refurbish their fleet? (seats)

Hello,

I've recently been traveling with Etihad Airways on four flights in business class and I have to say: I'm disappointed to no limit.

June, 2013

Flight #1
On the first flight, the aircraft was an Airbus A340-500. And surprise. It had the old business class. And obviously the old economy class. I had no idea that it even existed. It was my first flight with Etihad Airways and on their website they only show the new, refurbished Seats.
I thought it might just be on one plane. But then I boarded
Flight #2
An Airbus A330-200. And again. It had the old business class.
Flight #3
was on a Boeing 777-300ER replacing an A330-200. So I thought I might finally get to see the new business class now. But no. Still the old class.
And on
Flight #4
I already had no hopes left. And I was right. The Airbus A340-600 was equiped with the old seats aswell.

So when do they actually plan to update their seats? They only show a new class that they advertise and they only advertise that class. But 4 out of 4 different planes I was travelling in a really outdated class. If I'd had known about that earlier, I wouldn't have booked that flight.

So, when will they finally update them? Are their any informations available on how many aircrafts have been updated?