FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL - Hot Cabin
Thread: JAL - Hot Cabin
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:30 pm
mkjr

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by AZbba
It seems everyone is complaining about the hot cabin but few people have asked to have the temperature lowered.

Have lax-nrt in F coming up and I usually sleep at 77-78, any hotter and I have trouble (although excessive drinking may help). Although at 78 I will wake up often and be sweaty.

My plan is just to mention it to the ISM (does JL have ISM?) during boarding / before takeoff ... something along the lines of "would it be possible for the cabin to not get too hot during the flight as it makes it very difficult to sleep and makes me feel sick".

Then later if it's too hot ask for it to be cooled off a bit.
when i saw this thread i started reading and searching....it would appear that this hot cabin problem has been such a problem for years on other boards for both JAL and ANA....i honestly do not think a JAL FA/ISM would actually turn down the cabin temperature from the JAL prescribed temperature upon request from a pax, even in F...

are you japanese? my 2 cents, but it might be worth it to have a good translation of what you are asking in writing to avoid any miscommunication, which i find can happen from time to time...

as much as i hate the timing, i booked AA HND-JFK because i can not sleep in heat...