FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wine & Champagne in Lufthansa First?
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2013, 9:27 pm
SMK77

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
Their food and wine is certainly better than what LH offers, but as mentioned I don't care and it is not a deciding factor for me. Maybe I am dining and wining to well on most days of the week and I am just spoiled.
S
Great! Given the fact that you don't care, would you mind that others in First Class are still expecting that the airline is putting at least some effort into offering some sort of 'decent' food?

I often don't eat on board but when I do, I want the airline to do their best in given difficult circumstances. NH and SQ are doing a better job than LH for sure and I find it sometimes funny how much praise LH gets because of their 'fancy' menus. Once the ideas of the star chefs have passed the controllers, it's pretty sad what ends up on the plate. Of course there are other airlines that do worse than LH (e.g. BA) but then they are not intending to offer a 'real' First Class to begin with.

LH's problem was that they were not even willing to spend 10$ on a bottle of red wine and they have changed that with their service improvements in May for the better. I have seen wine and champagne onboard crossing the 100$ mark and I think that was a good decision.