FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Aug 13, 2013, 4:01 pm
manord

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Originally Posted by jcm9000
I have no upcoming flights to the US for the rest of the year, no idea what my flying will be like in the future. I paid about 750 us dollars for it when you chuck in the GE fee, ACRO and courier charge, last minute airfare to MIA. Do i regret it (and i have only used it on one trip, may not use it again for quite a while). Absolutely not because it is valid for 5 years and renewal may be simply a case of paying another fee. Having stood in line at MIA for far too many hours of my life, GE is well worth it. Even if you use it only once a year, it is worth it unless you really enjoy standing in a long line? I have never heard of anyone regretting their decision to go through the motions to get GE, nor have i ever seen a queue at the GE machines while looking longingly at them from the immigration lines at MIA pre-GE (although that may change in the near future...). Question is though - how easily can you make the interview?
As long as there is a reasonable choice of interview dates over a two month window, I should be OK. Would be used (depending on entry point) at least half a dozen times a year. But on the other hand, I'm not that bothered by queues normally - unless I have an important connection to make.