FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Limassol, Cyprus [Master Thread]
Old Aug 13, 2013, 4:51 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by TimWong
How did you get there? Did you all rent a car?!
I hesitate because of driving on the left side and I also won't need a car during the stay. Do you have an idea about the cost of a taxi transfer or hotel pick-up from Larnaca airport?
We had the hotel arrange transfers for us, because there were 6 adults and 3 kids, and accompanying luggage! I think we paid something like €85 each way from memory, and charged it to the room, though it may have been as high as €100! The man had a mini-bus and trailer for the luggage.

In hindsight, I'm glad we didn't hire a car (I very nearly did!) We went out into the local area one of the days, and frankly, there just wasn't much we were interested in, and spent the rest of the time at the hotel. If you're not intending to leave the resort, I'd say skip the car and just take a cab. Outside the airport, I think the cabs charge approx €55 according to the SPG page, which is worth it for being hassle-free!

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=1853

If you're in any doubt, call the hotel and ask them to arrange a cab.

P.S. On the day that we did venture out, we just took the local bus from around the corner for €1 each. It just drives down this very long straight road (literally, no turns at all) and then comes back. You get off where you want (the Old Port in our case). If anything, it's cheap and dare I say a little fun to just take in the sights, and not worry about parking or drinking!

Good luck!