FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread
Old Aug 12, 2013, 5:06 pm
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by juan516
@BotB: Thank you for your recommendations - I have not travelled on a BA A380 and see your point with recommending 51D and 51F.

BUT there is still center seat 51E and its unknown occupant could cause trouble to the travellers who both had chosen 51D and 51F together and wish to chat...

BTW, what is your opinion regarding aisles (forward facing) 51J and 52J as well as window (backwards) 51K, which I had pre-assigned for our party of three adults ?

On this particular flight, all four seats in row 50 are gone since months...

On the return flight I got 50B, 50J and 51 J (all aisles forward facing) - any better ?

Cheers,
juan516.
Hi juan516,

Seat choice will always be a personal thing so please do bear that in mind when you read any comments on here, you may find something better than others do for different reasons or for an aspect that others do not consider important but you might. I hope others that have flown the A380 will also chime in with their thoughts on this question as they may have other opinions you may be interested in...but for the record:

-Agree with your comment about 51E possibly being a problem for those in 51D or F. I should have been more precise! My thoughts were that 51D or 51F are great seats for single travellers that wish to have extra leg room as these are the second best seats on the A380 for leg room on the UD that I can remember. I would NOT take them as a couple with a stranger sitting in the middle (although some couples may find that refreshing )

-your seats 51J/52J/51K will be fine and I would be happy personally to sit there, especially if you were not over 185 cm tall or 6'1" in old money and wished to get best food choice as well as exit the aircraft quickly at destination. The nice thing is that whoever you sit in 51K, they will only step over the feet of someone they know. ^

-your return flights should equally be quite good for seats, you should get first meal choice and be served first, you can access the loos quickly and should be off the plane first from the UD depending on what door you use, also, you should have quite good leg room as you can extend your feet beyond the foot stool as well. I see you like aisle access, which these would indeed provide.

I personally like aisle seats when in any other cabin on BA but for CW I have to say I prefer a window seat as it allows you to have a very private space and look out three windows (which I love to do). One does need to step over a person to get to the aisle but I don't personally find that an issue and let's face it, typically you'll only do it a couple of times at most on a flight.

Any UD seat would be great in my opinion in CW. You get a view, the cabins are smaller and have less people in them with the 2-3-2 config and it feels intimate without being too small.

This is why I would take the bulkhead seats if you like aisle seats in the first cabin CW on the UD: (I seem to remember this being about 3-4 inches of extra room over a standard CW seat).

Upper deck 51DF footstool space by BA_pics, on Flickr

Here is a picture of 50J which shows the leg room you would have:

50J Footstool space UD by BA_pics, on Flickr

And finally, this is why I wouldn't take the bulkhead seats in the second cabin, if I was after extra leg room! (there is none).

56DF UD footstool space by BA_pics, on Flickr

Anyone else have any thoughts or comments to add? Opinions welcome! @:-)