FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor/ ALL: experiences with best price guarantee
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:16 am
cjtibbett

Best Price Not Guaranteed

I am a Le Club Gold member and I wanted to book a trip to the Pullman hotel in Munich from 13th-16th September and saw that rates on 2 other websites (Hipmunk and Getaroom) were less than half of the rates on Accor.com (with the same conditions). I don't want to risk claiming back the difference after booking, so emailed the hotel directly to match the rates (Accor hotels normally do for me).

The hotel told me it could not match the prices of those websites, as other websites should never charge rates below Accor.com. This is ridiculous, as it implies they only price match rates which are higher than on their own website. By that logic, every business in the world has a price match guarantee on every product all the time.

Pullman Munich advised me to book directly through the other website instead. I did. I saved more than 50% on Accor's cheapest rates. They could and would not guarantee a best price.

Is this logic used across Accor's hotels? In which case, is Accor misleading the customer with its "best price guarantee"?