FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Aug 10, 2013, 5:06 pm
mcinsf

Question EQM for BA sold flight?

Hello,

I have a question that I've tried to answer myself, but haven't been able to figure out. I am a new frequent flyer and I mostly fly AA. However, I have a flight soon on BA and am trying to figure out if I should use my AA frequent flyer number -- which I would prefer if I'll earn EQM since I've never flown BA before and don't expect I will again soon.

The flight on BA was sold by BA and is an I class fare (flight numbers 0286, 0287). If I use my AA FF# for the journey, will I get elite qualifying miles? I'd think yes, but I've seen a some language on the aa.com site that seem to indicate the flight needs to be sold by AA and have an AA flight number in order to earn EQM. In particular, the text "ticket must reflect an American Airlines coded flight number" from this page ( https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...quirements.jsp ) has me concerned, since the ticket was sold by BA and will have BA flight numbers.

Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike