FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel London Heathrow LHR Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:14 pm
United747

Programs: UA 1K
I had a nice stay here as a platinum member. I was upgraded from a classic room with a queen bed to a superior king with lounge access. As others have said, rooms are nice. Although, I had a "view" of the atrium for the walkway to T5.

The lounge was pretty underwhelming. It may have just been when I went, but all they had was a few bowls of nuts and a small cheese board, nothing else. There were two computers and a printer, but the printer was broken. There was a bank of refrigerators with soft drinks, and beer. Then a bar setup with wine and hard alcohol. It was never really busy, but I only went twice to grab some water.

Don't get me wrong, it was just fine. But since I do not drink, all I really needed from the lounge was water, I am not the best person for a review. I would have eaten if there was more food though.

I never checked it out for breakfast, but the check-in agent made it sound like it was a very limited selection. She basically told me to eat in the restaurant (I booked a rate with breakfast included).

In conclusion, I have seen better lounges. Sadly (or not), the Marriott in Madison, Wisconsin has a nicer concierge lounge! I probably made it sound like I had a bad stay, but it got the job done. Nice, comfy bed, quiet room, and nice bathroom. That is all I really needed.

Last edited by United747; Aug 9, 2013 at 7:19 pm