Old Aug 9, 13, 4:39 am
socalterp

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy View Post
FWIW, I don't know of any of the Express planes that have fuel dumping capability.

Jim
You might be right, but both my wife and the person sitting next to her at the window said that they saw fuel being dumped from the right wing. There was a distinct smell of gasoline as we got close to the ground, but not sure where that came from.

Not sure how much gas we would have been carrying for a short flight to BTV, and whether dumping would have been necessary or not. Do not remember if the pilot specifically mentioned that part of the process.

He did comment on the fact that the E170 has short field landing capabilities, and that PHL had long runways in good condition (and good weather that day).

BTW, not only did the pilot land us safely in PHL...but when we got to BTV, he invited our 4 yr old son into the cockpit after landing and spent a good couple minutes showing him different controls, letting him push a few buttons, etc. Nice gesture on his part, and made the day for my airplane obsessed son.