FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 787 Discovery trip to Denmark with DY (Y+ & Y)
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:46 pm
JamesBond_ppk

DY942
OSL-CPH

Part 2:

I boarded amongst the first and discovered the Premium Economy cabin almost for myself. 2 flight engineers from Boeing were also there; going back and forth to the flightdeck. I snapped a few shots and a peak in the cockpit, which sadly I could not take pictures of. There was no interaction with the FAs at this time; neither was I welcomed on board, as I found my seat by myself.

Boarding

Premium Economy cabin

View from the front, note the Sonja Henie poster

Right pair of seats. One of these was reserved for a flight engineer from Boeing

Cabin views

Overhead bins with mood lightning

Middle row seats and my seat in the middle; 2E

Seat 2F

Boarding was completed on time but for some reason we stayed at the Apron another 30 minutes. Slides were armed, disarmed and re-armed during the interval.

Nonetheless my first impressions of the cabin were extremely positive. The cabin is spacious, has of course a modern feel partially because it's new but also because of the Sky Interior. The windows also let a considerable amount of light inside the cabin, helping lift the overall atmosphere.

Norwegian's colour scheme is pleasant but slightly clinical. It reminded me of Air China somehow, and they're not exactly a reference. Compared to the beautiful outside livery, this is a slight disappointment.

While others were slowly joining me on board I played with the windowshade in 2A. First of all, yes the window is really big. It is very very nice indeed. The feeling of watching outside this way is very pleasant. Second of all, the shade activation is slow, and it really takes a few minutes before it's completely dark.

Playing around with the electrochromatic windowshade

I also went to check out the restrooms.
Restroom, with a changing table

Sink

Toilets, not as fancy as on ANA!

I also took a quick look at the safety on board brochure before looking further into the seats.

Safety brochure

Part 3 soon