FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:28 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dubbin
Club World (J)
  • BotB: 10J is the winner [on the] main deck for footspace
  • NTA: the upstairs cabin is nicer, and has extra storage bins by the window seats ... The seat in the middle of the upper deck is quite strange and claustrophobic - it is a single bed, with dividers and walls on all sides of you. It is a bit of a "bodge" of a design - rather than making the seat wider, they have put a spacer down one side only so you have more shoulder space on your right hand side - but no extra space on your left hand side. The seat also suffers badly from the changes to usage of the privacy screen.
I agree with these comments, I would add that the other aisle seats in row 10 also have extra space. There's a small amount of extra space in the 15A+K and 15 E+F, approx 8cm extra. The lower deck CW views are poor due to the enormous wings, particularly as you get nearer to row 15.

Single travellers: I'd definitely be heading for 53A and 53K, with perhaps a case for 59A and 59K if WTP isn't too noisy. 15A and 15K are not so good due to the double set of toilets right in the line of sight. A single passenger determined to sleep would actually find 53E very private, though I can see some may find it claustophobic.

Couples, family groups with a young child: maybe a case for 15E+F - very private, and clear exits.

Couples wanting upper deck: a case for 51E plus either D or F, since 51E will have a choice of exits and D/F have extra leg room and no crossing traffic. Altneratively 50A+B or 50J+K