FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 787 Discovery trip to Denmark with DY (Y+ & Y)
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:13 pm
JamesBond_ppk

DY942
OSL-CPH

Duration: 1:15 (1:05, but 20 minutes late)
787-800: EI-LNA "Sonja Henie" (Norwegian ice skating olympic champion)
Y+ / Premium Economy
Seat 2E

I arrived in OSL about one and a half hour before scheduled departure time. I had my boarding card stored on the "Norwegian" app which despite not offering Passbook functionnality is pretty nice and easy to use.

Norwegian app

My reservation:

Boarding card to CPH

Still, and just by curiosity, I thought I'd try the check-in machine out, just for the fun of it. After all; everyone needing to send a luggage must print their luggage tag on one of these so I might as well give it a go.

Norwegian Check in counters in OSL

Check-In machine home screen. Common for several Airlines.

Norwegian homepage

To my surprise, I was able to select a seat in the forward; premium part of the cabin. As I had not paid for a seat assigment on this flight and did not pay either for a flex ticket; I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to check the Premium Economy product

Seat 30D was originaly assigned to me, but I was able to change it to 2E

After selecting seat 2E (only 2 seats in the middle of the middle row were left), the machine printed a new boarding card for me and I proceeded towards security control which was packed. Of course no priority lane here, though Norwegian offers Fast Track for owner of fully flex tickets.

Paper boarding card

Security control

14 minutes is a long waiting time in OSL, it usually is much shorter than that!

At the gate; a few people were, as I was, taking picture of this beautiful Aircraft. Frankly it's quite a headturner!

Part 2 coming up!