FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL can't see CZ inventory
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:24 pm
timblaktu

still can't find available award space on LAX-CAN on CZ

Hi, I'm the aforementioned brother having trouble finding award space on LAX-CAN round trip from mid Sept to mid Oct. I have called about 10 times in the last couple weeks. All agents have understood "long sell". All agents have been helpful and put me on hold for considerable time while they search and/or contact other depts. They all "see" the flights but there is no award space (in any class). They have also searched +/- several days around my preferred depart/return dates, as well as jumping months into the future, and still nothing.

Last night I called Delta China and got essentially the same result. However, he was able to find award space departing in late March 2014, returning late April 2014. So, at least there was some indication that the search/searcher were competent.

This is despite EF and FlyingBlue showing biz award space for these flights, on my preferred dates.

It would seem the space is all used up. I'm curious about the people who have posted success, how long ago they booked and when their travel is.

Any other suggestions, before I abandon award booking for this trip and pull out my wallet? Thanks!