FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adobe InDesign And Photoshop - Valuable Skills?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:20 am
BigLar
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cordelli
I was wondering how long it would take for people to tell me how crazy it was to use a tool that I'm use to, have used for many years, that does exactly what I want it to do and instead use something else.
Well, at least they didn't insist you change everything to Apple.

I used to use some "lite" version of some well-known program (forget which one) that came with my scanner. I only used to to crop and maybe do a little bit of color correction. Did everything I wanted.

Lately, I picked up a copy of Corel 7, and it had a photo app, which I now use for ... cropping and a bit of color correction. One feature I like is the ability to shrink JPEGs do a size suitable for email, posting, auction sites, etc. I think I paid a buck for the software CD.

So, yes; I agree. There are lots of good programs out there for specialized applications, but those applications generally are not needed (with their wealth of features and relatively high cost) for most people. You could be looking at a significant cost for site licenses for software that is only needed for specific disciplines, not the entire student body.