FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hacking Hampton Breakfasts
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:02 pm
mrredskin

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
I've turned into a HGI snob. I hate staying at Hampton Inns and even prefer HGI over Embassy Suites because of the great free breakfast for elites (without a mob), newer buildings, and sleep number beds. But eventually you end up places where a Hampton is your only choice.

This week, I'm in one of those places. I've been dreading it for weeks. Not only is it a Hampton, it's a plain Hampton Inn (no & Suites). But I was pleasantly surprised with a newly refurbished lobby and a nicely furnished room with more dressers than I've ever seen in any hotel room, an oversized mini-fridge, and a bit more space than most. But it was still a Hampton Breakfast. Ugh.

This morning, I got creative with some of the breakfast items, and it turned a mediocre breakfast into an acceptable one. I was wondering if anyone else had come up with some creative ways to make Hampton Breakfasts better?

Before I made my waffle this morning, I put almonds and brown sugar in with the mix and stirred it up. My only concern was that it might stick, but it didn't. It came out perfect, and tasted better than a normal waffle.

This morning was "cheese omelets" (an egg puck with cheese), pork sausage patties, and biscuits and gravy. I took a couple biscuits, a couple sausage patties, and cut a cheese omelet in half and made a couple sausage, egg and cheese biscuits. They were much better than any of the ingredients individually.

Another favorite is to take an English muffin, toast it, and put butter, honey and peanut butter on it.

So what's your favorite Hampton Breakfast hack?
you a rookie with biscuit-constructing, brah.