FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mexico City to Teotihuacan / Teotihuacán
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:04 am
zhengqiji

Originally Posted by pollione
I got back from my first trip to Mexico City yesterday. Not sure if you have already left. The Archaeological museum (and almost all others) are closed on Monday as I disappointingly found out when I wanted to go to the Khalo museum.

The pyramids are open on Monday because that's where we went at the driver's suggestion instead of the Khalo museum.

It cost me a hundred bucks and change. I might have been ripped off but don't think so. He took me to the Pyramids then to the Basilica and a couple of other stops with a break for lunch. We left the hotel at 10 and were back around 4.

Personally if I had a short time in Mexico City, I would skip the pyramids. I found the City endlessly fascinating, vast and complex and certainly plenty to see, do and eat for 48 hours. But it's all a matter of taste and interest of course.
Thanks for your info! I have three or four days in MEX so I'm planing a trip to the Pyramids. I will be arriving on Sunday morning so that day is set for Plaza Constitution and around. Monday will be the Pyramids followed by Museum Anthropology on Tuesday. On Wednesday maybe some other places in the city. Any suggestions?