FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware-Expired Bonus Nights
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:35 am
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
OP, you are incorrect about expiry; this happens with just about every program. I suggest that you start using AwardWallet.com to track your programs. The website shows you when everything expires.

I've had a few free nights, miles, points, etc expire on me and have found that AwardWallet is the best way for me to manage the 18 programs that I'm enrolled in. For instance, when my United miles are getting ready to expire, I simply get a few MileagePlus dining points at some greasy spoon.

Some programs don't allow AwardWallet to automatically download information (airlines), so you have to manually update your data but the website lets you know when you're close to losing points or freebies.

Edit: Just updated AwardWallet. It looks like HHonors system's having problems tonite - my 113K pts vanished. I logged on to the HHonors website and my account reads zero - I just had a revenue stay at a Hilton property on 4th of July. I'll recheck my account in the morning to make sure my points are restored.

Last edited by iflyjetz; Aug 4, 2013 at 12:46 am