FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Aug 3, 2013, 2:26 pm
zennacko

Programs: AAdvantage GLD
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
1. shipped home after a couple of weeks..

1.1. it will be on everything. however, if you already booked and have been issued ticket numbers for upcoming trips before you were gold, you may want to call and have your status refreshed so it is shown in those trips. if you book any future trips, your status will be reflected.

2. sure, but gold benefits (luggage/priorityAAccess checkin/expedited security) will not apply to them unless you are traveling with them. no minimum age req for aadvantage, and they will get miles and EQM if they are flying on a non-award (redemption) ticket

3. security checks- in general, arriving from an international flight will require you to go through security before your domestic flight. in general, there won't be a security check to transfer between domestic-domestic flight, though there may be a couple of exceptions to this

happy travels!
Thanks a lot, that relieved me, now I'm gonna check if the route CNF-MIA-ORD/DFW-BOS is really doable (because we need to eat and there will be little to no time betweeen flights for that lol) then I'll literally go for the gold