FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A trip to Myanmar (Burma) - SK, TG C, LH C (w/pics)
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:02 am
broenor

Programs: World of Hyatt, SAS Eurobonus
Frankfurt – Bangkok
Airline: Thai Airways
Class: Business
Aircraft: Airbus 340- 600
Configuration: 2+2+2
Seat: 12B
On time

The Rully La Bergerie Domaine Roland Sounit white vine

How to become more stylish according to Gentlemen Quarterly Magasine.

Otherwise I was entertained by Dr Sheldon Cooper & Co in several episodes from the hilarious sit com “Big Bang theory”.

Menu:

The servings started with chicken satay. Very good.

First course (Duck liver pyramide, Wasabi Mayonnaise, Smoked tuna, Vegetables). Ok

I had the chicken with eggplant in green curry and steamed thai rice as main course. Good

Cheese and fruit. Good

At dessert there was coffee and coconut cheesecake. Just ok.

Not the best inflight meal I have had, but satisfactory in total. The service was good and friendly.

There was no flat seat in this business class. I had some problems finding a comfortable position when going to sleep, but managed to sleep for a few hours on the way to Bangkok.

Before we arrived in Bangkok breakfast was served.

At Bangkok airport I had several hours transit time before the flight to Yangon. After explored the transit area to stretch my legs a bit I headed for the Thai Royal Silk lounge for rest of the transit time. Nice selection of food and beverages. Not too many people while I was there.

Bangkok - Yangon
Airline: Thai Airways
Class: Business
Aircraft: Airbus 330
Configuration: 2+2+2
Seat: 12 A
On time

Even if the flight to Yangon only takes a little over an hour, there was a full serving. The grilled chicken Vietnam style was delicious.

The menu for beverages was the same as for Frankfort - Bangkok.

Arriving in Yangon the time was early evening. One of the advantages of flying Business is that you get to disembark first and get in front of the line in immigration. Immigration went without problems and pretty quickly.

Outside in the arrival hall the driver and a representative for the travel agency were waiting for me. The drive from the airport to the hotel took almost an hour.

I only had one night in Yangon at the start of the trip. It was spent in Central hotel which is located (you guessed correctly) in the center of Yangon. Entering the hotel the interior felt like stepping back a couple of decades in time (except for the TV’s of course). But the hotel was very clean, had a shower and a welcoming bed after the long journey. This first evening I only had a quick walk in the area and then dinner at the hotel.