FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mumbai CSIA [BOM] connection/departure experience reports
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:15 am
WesleyC

Domestic to International Detail Help

Hello everyone,

I'm obviously new - just had a quick question or two about this transfer with my schedule. I made the transfer fine on my way in to India but reading some of these threads make me a bit nervous about the other way around.

I am flying from Hyderabad (HYD) to Mumbai (BOM), departing HYD at 10:00 and arriving in BOM at 11:20. From there, I am scheduled to depart BOM to EWR (via United Airlines) at around 23:00. So obviously it's a long 11-12hr wait in BOM. I had about an 8 hr wait on my way in about a month ago, and no major problems once I figured it out.

My question - do you think there's any way I can get into the International terminal right away, 11 hours before my flight? I would be more comfortable there (even though I've heard domestic is nicer) since I would rather be really early than wait in domestic for 8 hours.

Also, is there any chance that I can get my checked bag to go through without having to manage it for that long in BOM? I am flying Jet Airways from HYD to BOM and United out of BOM.

Any tips for safety/comfort while I'm waiting?