FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA 893 SFO-ICN F Class
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:29 pm
mikelazaro

I tried getting some sleep during the flight, but even with the 180 degree flat bed, I still can't sleep on a plane. I decided to watch a few movies and shows and also enjoy another bloody mary.

After a few hours of movies and shows the pre-arrival meal was about to be served. I remember we had three choices which included... Asian style noodle soup with wontons and beef, a cheese omelette with ham and sausage, and cereal with banana. We were due to arrive at 2:40pm, I don't even understand why there are breakfast options. Being a non-rev my first choice, the noodles were already out. I am not a fan a cereal so I went for the omelette. I have no place in complaining but it was inedible. The whole meal was dry as can be. I ended up eating the fruit, croissant, and yogurt which was actually perfect. I didn't want to make myself too full since I knew I would be eating some excellent Korean BBQ upon landing.

S I G H T S F R O M S E O U L

Food in the South Korea, is very tasty and if you go to the right place it can be very inexpensive. After three days in Seoul, however, I was pretty much tired of Korean food. It has a very distinct taste and spice to it.

For the first two days we stayed in the Hongdae area which is a great location with a lot of bars and great restaurants. For the last night we stayed across the river in Gangnam at JW Marriott. The hotel was amazing, but the location wasn't that great. There wasn't much to do within walking distance. I realized we were staying in a nice hotel and everything is expensive but Hite beer that normally cost 2 USD cost 12 USD at the JW. Sometimes you just have to treat yourself and that's what I did.

view from the 19th floor

Forgot to take my room pics

The gym was amazing at the JW

C O N C L U S I O N

Overall, it was a great quick trip. The last time I went to Seoul was in February when it was freezing out. This trip it was extremely hot out with humidity. I preferred the cold since you can bundle up and still be able to sightsee. We had two great flights, stayed in great hotels, and ate great food. Not much else you can ask for in a quick trip to South Korea. I ended up only taking one photo on the way home. I ended up sitting in seat 1K in First Class. Again, I am sorry for lack of photos and photo quality.

Last edited by mikelazaro; Aug 1, 2013 at 4:30 pm