FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Mileage run needed out of ORD to get 12k elite miles before November
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:02 pm
evildoughboi

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt PLT, Hilton Silver
It would depend on your status right now. Do you currently have PLT? If you do not, you may have a hard time clearing upgrades on some of the segments. Many would choose to use them on the redeye flights so it may be difficult without status. With PLT it will definitely help but I see ORD-DFW being a possible problem as i would predict that it may be elite heavy.

I would think at least upgrading the DFW-ANC segments are worth it since it will be longest flight. To me, anything shorter than BOS or JFK-LAX flight is not too bad in coach if you can get the Main Cabin Extra with the extra leg room.

To find the segments, use matrix ita and use the advanced routing codes, specifically calling out the connection airports. Look up how to do it. It should find the exact flight, but you still cant book it.
To book ORD-BOS-DFW-ANC-DFW-LGA-ORD on AA.com, you will need to play around with the multicity routing on AA.com. You can try sorting flights by price (thats all segments at once) or by choosing individual segments. It may be tricky as AA may try to put in a different connection point. You can try orbitz or kayak to see if they are easier to find these segments.

Last edited by evildoughboi; Jul 30, 2013 at 10:08 pm