FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:52 pm
Milesbuilder

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Update Review 7.13

We are wrapping up our annual trip and it looks like the renovations are done. We have been coming here at least once a year since 2000. Staying in a suite on club level.

Flow Rider is a blast. Slide is fun for the kids and Dad.

They added a new restaurant and seating area where the green space was between the old playground and lazy river.

Added new playground in the courtyard area under the trees of the 700/800 wing.

They also added restrooms out by the new area so you don't have trudge back to the spa. General updates throughout the grounds.

Rooms and halls are updated with carpet, paint, furniture, etc,... Overall nice change.

Looks like they updated menu in spring house a bit as well.

Club has new furniture and a smaller tv (smaller than I remember ). They food is about the same, a couple of hot plates for breakfast and snacks.

Fridges still don't keep drinks cold but club is open all day and a nice place to take a break from a room full of women.

Now for the not so good;

Housekeeping is a mess (exaggeration intended for dramatic effect)

I was not offered turn down service at check in but I did find a housekeeper and they supposedly added us to the list. I say supposedly because the only turn down we ever got was one knock on the door the first night asking if we need anything.

So; no turn down service, no toilet paper refills without asking, no soap refills, no toothpaste, etc...

What really irked me is it is customary to replace every dirty towel with a new one. We always get extra towels upon arrival and HK takes them all and returns the room to normal stock of 4. That means dad gets dirty towels to shower with after 3 daughters and wife finish.

I also noticed that although I was offered a paper a checking that NOONE got a paper anywhere in the hotel.

I spoke to manager on duty this am and hoped it would be handled but no such luck. Still no turn down and normal HK was same issues.

I know these are first world problems but I know how this property historically operates and it's frustrating to see it not fire on all cylinders. Kind of feel like one of my kids flunked a test because they didn't study.

We will be back but we will bring our own toilet paper, toothpaste and towels

UPDATE 8/1 - Jakeup in their executive office got right on it when I brought it to his attention. Although nothing changed for us as we were leaving. Historically I have found their exec offices are pretty good about putting out brush fires and would be shocked if this continued to be a problem.

Last edited by Milesbuilder; Aug 1, 2013 at 1:28 pm Reason: Cleaned up ipad formating/added hotel response