FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Mileage run needed out of ORD to get 12k elite miles before November
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:02 pm
aterug

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
1) Ah, thank you for confirming that I wont get additional EQM's.

2) The email states to earn 12,000 elite-qualifying miles or points so should be good there.

3) I actually will be going to BOS in October end so that's 1700 miles I can use. So have to make up roughly 300 miles somehow.

I had another question about the 500 mile upgrades - do you know if I have to use them or will get complimentary upgrades in the segments ? I guess will someone using 500 mile upgrades be prioritized me requesting a complimentary upgrade even if they are a lower elite level than exec plat ?

Originally Posted by evildoughboi
I don't think it'll put you over. Theres no additional EQMs you get for being an elite. I learned the hard way the first year i qualified for platinum.

Make sure its EQM and not EQP. Usually the challenges are EQP so just make sure. Too many people make the same mistake. In you're case, it seems to be a targeted offer so it could very well be miles.

According to milecalc.com, its 10637 miles (+/- 1 mi per segment in my experience). I would recommend routing through BOS on the way back for a few extra miles (10944). It still wont be above 11k so you can just do two quick short runs to make it to 12k.

ORD-BDL is 1500 miles roundtrip. Can you find same day turns for that? ORD-LGA, ORD-JFK would also work as well, assuming you're sticking with the routing through LGA instead of BOS. Could also try ORD-BOS for the last roundtrip to get to 12k.