FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:17 pm
jbcarioca

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Regardless of the system adopted, the combined program will have slightly more elites with somewhat higher on-average status (both comments follow from the folks who have been accruing in both AA and US) chasing fewer F upgrade seats (since a merger will almost certainly cut aggregate capacity). Something (and someones) will have to give.
That may, probably will, be true. However, there are a fair number of people with both EXP and CP, and they'll stay the same. Without knowing the distribution and accruals of both sides I think it is speculative to suggest any specific impact. It might be that, given actual travel patterns of those Elite members there may be minimal effects.

I've seen to many cases where actual results differed dramatically for guesses taht I'm leery of making any without knowing the numbers.