FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United employee accused of stealing luggage during Asiana crash diversions
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:54 am
fastair

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
You are not wrong, the couple are at the fault and they should really be the ones who are responsible for the incident. However, the general public reads it, they will point their fingers to UA who were hiring thieves to handle their bags when flying on UA.

PS: When your kids did something embarrassing in a public place, they don't take the blame. A responsible company, like our parents, are the ones who take the blame, and for some inhuman practices like these, it is truly a no-brainer.

How UA deals with the bags owners and the employee is of course something I think we can attribute to them. I assume the person will be canned, but if there is a follow up on how the owners were made whole, I'd be interested in seeing.

One of the reasons I don't have kids. I get blamed for enough things out of my sphere of influence already, don't need more.