FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:02 am
syntraveller89

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I haven't had an issue and as scubaccr stated the max room occupancy is for 2, this is why when you may I have called and state you don't know if you have the name of an additional guest it is ok.

For instance at IC PL 2 weeks ago I had only one adult on my reservation, however at check in he took the name of my partner and added it to the reservation just incase she turned up and I wasn't around.

Elite benefits for RA/Amb should be honored just as a pay stay, guaranteed relevant upgrades , fruit, gift, minibar, film etc.

Oh and for the case of platinums, I have been upgraded in holiday inn, crowne plaza, indigo.

At indigo as the hotel was relatively new I had to get the BRG team to email them and to advise them that upgrades are still applicable - subject to availability of course alongside with other benefits.

To summarise a BRG should be treated as a paid stay.
I'm in agreement with the elite benefits here, as certain benefits are indeed subject to availability, and for Amb there is a guaranteed upgrade,etc. only in IC properties.

In terms of the occupancy I just based it on the e-mail of BRG which has part of it written as: "Changes to the reservation such as number of adults, length of stay, dates of stay, type of room and such are not allowed and would mean the forfeiture of your free night." so if the hotel is one that is BRG savvy or on alert then you may be advised to pay for the night or only stay up to the max of the original BRG reservation. Again, this is just my interpretation but a hotel will try to reverse a free night as much as it can and the BRG dept would support them for change of occupancy reasons.