FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Defining the mission of MilesBuzz; Adding a Flame Free Q&A Forum?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:55 am
jjmiller69

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by crabbing
i can't believe we keep having the same "get off my lawn" conversation over and over again. MB is the right place for new members to come, or for existing members to ask questions relating to miles and awards generally, or specific questions that don't fit or aren't limited to a particular forum.

i do wonder, though, about the name "milesbuzz." it's not a descriptive name. i'd think that "award talk" or "miles talk" would make more sense, but maybe that's just me.

i'm a little confused that recently, all of the question topics in MB start with "advice." it's pretty obvious from the thread title that the poster is seeking advice, so adding this word to the title is redundant. it also makes the forum hard to read.

i have looked at a few of these "advice" topics and they appear to be working perfectly - people are answering the questions, and generally engaging in meaningful discussion.

if there isn't a place for people, new and existing, to ask general questions, then FT isn't a community. so what if the question has been asked thousands of times already? like i have said before, it is far easier just to ignore a repetitive, ill-informed, or lazy question than it is to kvetch about it and struggle to make FT a gated community where only an elite group of members is allowed to post approved questions.
+1
I think it should have it's own forum. Nothing wrong with people asking questions, sooner or later everyone has one. Just need to seperate it from news. They're many people here who have the answers and are willing to help!
FT has some very smart people and I've follow a few posters no matter what forum because they are smart and worth listening to even if it's not currently relevent to me.
Should have a milebuzz and a help (advise) format or what ever you want to call it.