FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:33 am
AnonymousForProtection

Programs: A Merging-Airline Passenger Service Employee
Talking

Originally Posted by peetahvw
I'll play along - what's happening to the clubs in PHL A Terminal. Currently there's the giant "ex-Envoy" US Club and a shared Admirals Club/BA Galleries. Would club members get admission to both? (And what sane person would goto the US Club when there's real food in BA Galleries?)

Also any word on if they're going to start combining catering efforts for the in-flight products?
Until US is OW affiliated 11/01, the only additional clubs that can be used are AA Admirals Clubs. Also, I don't imagine that even post-OW that paid lounge memberships will granted BA G club access, or any other international C/F lounge access (not even AA Flagship will be granted UNLESS flying intl with a lounge membership).

After OW join, the lounge access policy will run parallel with the likes of the current policy at *A. ex: I am flying IAD-CLT on US, I cannot enter the LH club since I am traveling domestic, even with paid annual membership.

As for the big A lounge, on the first day of viable schedule change 09/09, we should be co-locating with each other at airports where we have already planned to do so with the airport authority. No announcements yet as to specific co-location, but my best guess would be that in PHL the AA club will be shut down since A, B/C, and F clubs are standing.

In-flight catering coordination will take quite some time. At least until the US name is officially gone.