Old Jul 26, 13, 11:11 pm
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, IHG AMB PLT,
Originally Posted by flo7002 View Post
Hi all,

Iíve been reading through various threads on here, but Iíd like a little advice for my situation, if someone can spare a few minutes.

Hereís my situation:
Me, wife and 7mo. old

We have two trips in mind:
Scandinavian cruise from Copenhagen Ė June 2014 or
Dubai Ė Christmas 2014 (baby will be 2 by then so theyíll need their own seat)

My main goal would be to use miles/points to fly business class, to either destination, or both if possible, from the east coast.

What would be the best combo of cards for us to try to get enough point/miles for some business class seats? Or is it even doable in the time frame? Iíve mainly flown Delta the past few years so I donít have any experience with other airline programs.

Thanks!
There are links for a 50K Citi AA cards here on FT, if you and your wife each get one, plus the business cards each, that is 90K each. With those cards, you should be able to manufacture spend enough to get the additional points for J ticket for the each of you. You can also try for the Citi Thank You cards, to help with more AA points for Jr.

UA card from Chase for each of you, there are 50K links for that too on FT, again if you and wife go after this card and used your UR points from your CSP card. Do a one way ticket on AA and UA for your trip you should have enough miles.

You can also go after the Amex SPG card and Business Card for a total of 50K MR points which can transfer to UA and or AA.

If you haven't read any of the bloggers I suggest you do it, they have articles on all the cards and the pro's and con's of the cards. The info is very valuable.