FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adding Known Traveler Number to Reservation
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:56 pm
bkafrick

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by seattleBH
You will always (until we shift to aa.com) need to enter your known traveler number at checkin unless your reservation was created at usairways.com. If you enter it for checkin on your outbound, you will not need to add it on your return.
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
Depends on your travel agency I guess. We use HRG/Concur and I never have to enter it at check-in.

Now--at the same time, when I check in online, there is a box that says redress/known traveler number that is blank--which I makes you think you have to enter something there--but I never do, and PreCheck always shows on the boarding pass.

As long as it is in my Frequent Flyer profile at whatever airline, it has always worked.
Yep. Exactly. You dont have to enter it in for every flight at check-in. Just like what youvesaiditall said. The box will show blank, but Pre-Check always appears on every one of my boarding passes, and I get the magic three beeps at the scanner every time. I've never manually added my KT except one time in my profile.

The advice to have to manually do it is wrong. But YMMV I suppose.