FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Golden Ticket ...
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:18 pm
LondonAndy

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
You are supposed to be carefully giving them to people that have given really great service.

How does just happening to be lucky and senior enough to bid for a brand new aircraft, make this pilot better than any of our other great pilots.

I am sure many pilots have received Golden Tickets but hopefully for actually doing a really great job, not just because they are lucky enough to be on your Fankfurt flight?
The wink was meant to indicate that it was tongue in cheek - maybe I should have used instead. Though, slightly more seriously, safely landing an aircraft when the pilot has (relatively) few hours flying and take-offs/landing attempts is probably more deserving compared to (say) a 747/777 pilot who may have hundreds of take-offs and landings.

On an even more serious note, I wonder whether service expectation should come into it. If I am in Y and a member of cabin crew does something special should that be recognised more or less than if I am in F where I would expect the bar to be set higher? Any views?