FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:35 am
savitar

Programs: AA Plat, QF Silver
Originally Posted by relangford
To savitar: it took a few days for my EXP status on AA to be reflected on BA flights. I had to speak with a nice lady in England who refreshed my account, and I was able to select seats. Since you are in the US, you might try called BA to refresh your account (what I think they did was remove my AA FF number and then re-inserted it).
Hi relangford. Thanks for the update.

Firstly I called up BA and spoke to a guy there. He said that my AA FF number has no status at all on One World (or what ever the lowest was), not even Ruby which I started with as I was doing the AA Platinum challenge.

So I then spent a LOT of time on the phone with AA (about 40 minutes). It was a bit of a disappointing call till I spoke to the last person. I was transferred 6 times!! Finally the last person I spoke to managed to call up BA directly and work through with them. It appears they now see my Ruby status but forced through seat selection for me, which was great. However this does not help me with lounge access for these flights. As I have only just made Platinum (OW Sapphire) I should be able to get lounge access but if BA don't see it, then they will not honour it AND i won't get my Platinum card for a few weeks yet.

Anyone with any experience on this? Is there a way that the BA lounge will accept I am a Platinum (Sapphire) OW status without it on their booking and without a card? Can I show them my AA app on my iphone with the virtual card on it perhaps???