FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) refuses to honor signup bonus [Consolidated]
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:14 pm
timelinex

100k business platinum bonus denied

So I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I am a part owner in two different corporations. One of my older corporations has had a gold card for years now.

A couple weeks ago I received an offer to my other corporation for 100k bonus points to sign up and spend 10k in 3 months.

I signed up online through the RSVP code and everything went smoothly. Right after signing up and getting approved, I gave the AMEX application number a call to confirm the promo. The person on the phone confirmed that this application was approved and that the promo was for the 100k points. Great.

a couple days ago I received my card and opened an online account. The first thing I noticed is I already somehow have points on this account. I realized that it merged my account with my other corporation.

I'm not even going to try and go into the liability concerns I have about this (these are two separate corporations and need to be so for liability reasons).

I was told that I didn't get the 100k offer because I already have a gold card. I explained my situation, and that I don't have anything, its a spate corporation that has the gold card. I told the agent that I even called to confirm this right after signing up.

Long story short, she told me she can't personally do anything about it. She opened an investigation that will take 6-8 weeks and they will give me a final outcome. I had a feeling that through our conversation that the investigation was even more about what the person over the phone said to me about me getting the promo, rather than I should have received it since this is separate accounts.

So what's the deal here? I absolutely know that I can't get bonus points if I signup to a platinum while I have a gold. However these are two separate corporations. Am I screwed?