FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:48 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I thought every AMB received complimentary internet chain wide at IC anyway- so what the difference will be is local calls (not worth much in Thailand where on your mobile calls are practically free as it is) and 2 pcs of laundry per stay (not per day). Correct?

Prior to 1st July 2013 change, Free Internet at IC Hotel's was a benefit for Royal Ambassadors only (and was not an Ambassador benefit).

From 1st July 2013, PCR/IHG Golds/Platinums also receive free internet access at both IC and non-IC hotel brands.
Since Ambassador grants GOLD if status not yet obtained by nights/points, Ambasadors will get free internet from 1st July.
Whether staying at IC/CP/HI/HIX brands be prepared that only the slowest speed is for free.

Prior to this July, as RA, despite RA t+c on website saying entitlement if multiple speeds was to slower rate for free, the dozen or so IC's I stay at all offer and gave their fastest internet free to me as an RA.

For July2013 same applied at IC Berlin, as RA, I was allowed the fast 20euro/day rate, instead of having to use the slower and now free 256KB rate.